Saturday, January 15, 2011

The greenest grass:)

The saying goes something like this, people always think the grass is greener on the other side. I sometimes wonder if it really is. Not often do I find myself questioning my choice in a spouse or the father of my amazing children, but sometimes in the chaos called life, I do find myself wondering how different my life would be if I had chosen a different path. No I dont regret my path, I sure love my kids, and my husband but once in awhile I wonder........And the craziest thing is, lately I realize how green the grass is on my side of life.
I really cannot doubt my husband, as he really makes me feel that he does love me unconditionally. I think sometimes he may wonder about his choices but I just love him for all that he is. I did marry an amazing man. He never insults my insecurities, and although the compliments are not forever flowing off his tongue, when they do come, they mean so much to me. Perhaps Barry is often interested in things that I just cant get into, such as playstation, hockey, baseball and the like, but we share the same brain and have such teamwork that the few things that we are different in seem okay. Like Barry can be his own person without me, and vice versa. I know I have a wonderful man by my side when he does the laundry, as I hate it, and am really busy with feeding Connor, but he does the opposite chores around the house and really is a great dad. I cannot imagine him any other way. He is a hands on guy who loves to play, and work with me in raising our kids.
I love that he never complains when he comes home from work, never complains about pitching in with the kids, and encourages me to relax, even if it means he is busy and looks tired. I feel like he takes care of me, treats me like a princess. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to have such a supportive life partner, I really do. I cannot imagine going through life without him. I know he would be there for me, no matter what. I have known that for a long time. He was there for me with my mom when she was sick. He gives me strength to sometimes deal with things when I really dont want to. We really dont fight alot, and when we do, we usually find humor in it. Barry can make me laugh. I find it odd to be writing about my husband, as nothing has been notable to do so. But I am inspired. This weekend having 2 sick kids, and a husband who was all hands on deck was amazing. I cannot imagine my life without him, or my kids. Maybe we are not rich, or supermodel material but we are perfectly imperfect for eachother. I guess even though my grass on Radcliff has weeds, and isnt perfect, the real beauty is that inside my heart I have the greenest grass. I dont have to wonder what life would be like, as I think it would be dull, terrible. I hope that we still sparkle until we are old and wrinkly. I hope my kids can see our love and demand that of whomever they marry. I am so lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment