Friday, November 5, 2010

Living Life with a princess!

Crazy, my days are so incredibly crazy. Ally goes to school every Tues/Thurs and every other Fri. Well today was her Friday to go to school. Ally was well tired. Initially she woke up with ease, her brother was with me, smiles were present and then as it usually does, it all unravels, the poop hits the fan.
I get Ally her breakfast, wrap her up like a taco (a big kid type swaddle that my husband invented to keep her warm/happy, he even came up with the name, taco!). Pour the cereal, and she refuses to eat it, even though cheerios was what she chose. Oh my God here we go! Here I am, spoon feeding my sweet independent girl her breakfast to ensure she at least eats before school. We wouldn't want the teacher to think she doesn't get fed! Connor is playing on the floor batting at the animals to the overplayed mozart musical. I then go and pick out Ally's clothes. I choose some warm blue pants and a cute cream top, warm and fuzzzy as it is supposed to snow. I start to dress my daughter. And here we go!!!!!!
"I am not wearing that shirt" says the princess, "why not?" says the mom, "it's nice and warm".
"I am not!" So we go to her room and painfully sort through shirts and select something to go with the blue pants she already has on. I notice it has wrinkles once she puts it on, so I remove it and inform her I will put it in the dryer for a few min to take out the wrinkles. This is where the battle really began.
"I LIKE WRINKLES' yells the princess. "You cannot wear this yet, give me 2 min" I go and fix the shirt, bring it to her, it is nice and warm, wrinkle free. Connor is whining to be picked up, we have to leave for the bus in 10 min, and where is Allisyn? Hiding, great. In my mind I am thinking I cannot deal with this today, I am gonna lose it. Well Ally wont come out from under Connors crib, I angriliy wheel it away, and expose my shirtless angry 4 year old. I raise my voice and tell her to listen and get ready. " I WANT MY NANA" yells the princess, I tell her that "Nana cannot help you right now, I am not happy, I don't like yelling at my girl." Well the princess retorts with "NANA MAKES EVERYTHING BETTER" I think she knows how to play the game, why Nana and not Dad?  "I AM NOT GOING TO SCHOOL TODAY, IT IS DARK, I AM TIRED, AND I AM NOT" By some miracle I am able to get her dressed, hair done, teeth brushed and even a hug, Huh. Connor is still whining and we have to go. I see Ally out of the corner of my eye sneaking Cinderella in her backpack. I decide to pretend I dont see it, whatever. I am not having another blow out. I am already feeling guilty about getting angry with her, and I am picking my battles. I wonder. Did I ever give my mom a hard time over what I am wearing to school at 4? I manage to get Ally on the bus, smiling, dressed warm. I managed to make Connor happy shortly after by some feeding and snuggle time. I still wondered... Why did my mom wish I would have a child just like me? Was I as strong willed? I think so. I see I may have two just like me. For sure right now, I feel like a slave, to my kids. I am for sure living with a Princess, her name is Allisyn. I can only do my best to get through the trying moments and hopefully my kids grow and realize how much I really do love them. For now, Ally can be a princess as long as the attitude can be controlled, eventually she too will grow up and hand over her crown to her kids. I will hopefully get to be the nana, and make everything better, just like my mom does!

No comments:

Post a Comment